As of May 20, 2020, Archuleta County is in Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
Per the Archuleta County Ordinance 2020, regardless of location, prohibited are:
-Use of explosive materials
-Personal fireworks of any kind
Outside of developed areas – Please refer to your local Ranger District, Bureau of Land Management or Southern Ute Indian Tribe
In developed urban areas within Unincorporated Archuleta County Allowed are:
-Charcoal fires in suitable containers and Gas grills for barbecues at residences
-Camp stoves, grills or lights fueled by bottled gas
-Fires in permanent fire pits with 4-foot clearance from combustible material
For any questions regarding the Stage 1 Fire Ban, please contact Archuleta County.
Office closure and Burn Permit Process
In response to the COVID-19 situation the PFPD will be closing the Administrative Offices to public access effective March 18th. For burn permits please see instructions below:
BURN PERMIT APPLICATION PROCESS:
1. Go to www.pagosafire.org/permits-fees/
2. Download Burn Permit Application Form and print.
3. Fill out the application form. Make sure to provide all the information asked on the form, including initials and signature.
4. Burn permit application form may be submitted via email. Please email form to Jasmin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. A burn permit will be issued as soon as a complete application form is received. Copy of burn permit will be emailed to the applicant.
6. Burn Permit is $10.00 and valid from the time of purchase until the end of the calendar year.
7. We can only accept check as a form of payment at this time. Please make check payment to Pagosa Fire Protection District and mail it to 191 N. Pagosa Blvd., Pagosa Springs, CO 81147.
Please call the Administrative Office at 970-731-4191 for any questions regarding burn permit.
For all other Administrative and Fire Prevention needs please contact us at 970-731-4191 and we can set an appointment as necessary.
Our goal is to always be available to the community and our number one priority is Emergency Response. If you have an emergency please call 911.
Thank you for your understanding and compliance.
191 N. Pagosa Blvd.
Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
Office Number: (970) 731-4191
Fax Number: (970) 731-4194