In response to the COVID-19 situation, the PFPD will be closing the Administrative Offices to public access effective March 18th. For burn permits please see instructions below:
BURN PERMIT APPLICATION PROCESS:
1. Download Burn Permit Application Form and print.
2. Fill out the application form. Make sure to provide all the information asked on the form, including initials and signature.
3. Burn permit application form may be submitted via email. Please email form to Jasmin at email@example.com.
4. A burn permit will be issued as soon as a complete application form is received. Copy of burn permit will be emailed to the applicant.
5. Burn Permit is $10.00 and valid from the time of purchase until the end of the calendar year.
6. We can only accept check as a form of payment at this time. Please make check payment to Pagosa Fire Protection District and mail it to 191 N. Pagosa Blvd., Pagosa Springs, CO 81147.
Please call the Administrative Office at 970-731-4191 for any questions regarding burn permit.
Open Burning, including recreational, require a burn permit from the Pagosa Fire Protection District (PFPD). For burn permits information, please call 970-731-4191, or stop by our office at 191 N. Pagosa Blvd. in Pagosa Springs.
Burn Permits Required
An open burning fire permit is required for all open burning conducted within the Archuleta County. The permits may be obtained at the Administrative Office from Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. (The office is closed daily from Noon to 1:00 pm for lunch) Fire permits are $10.00 and are good from the time of purchase until the end of the calendar year in which they are purchased.
Permit buyers are required to fill out an application form at the time of purchase. The permit is good for one address and may be used multiple times.
Fire Bans & Restrictions